Wednesday, August 1, 2012

CAMPER REMODEL


3 years later... and finally a blog update.  Lots of camping in the Scamp the past 3 years.  During that time I began to think of ways to "spruce up" our little camper.    I went for a vintage look and was able to use many things I already had.  I picked up a few things along the way for decorating too.  Hope you enjoy the new looks.

                                                                       Old Dinette = New Bed

We converted the old dining booth into a bed for more sleeping areas.  I made new curtains and used a quilt and pillows I had from a bedroom.  I love the blue and yellow combination.

                                                                Old Sofa = New Dining Area

We converted the old sofa into a new dining area.  Table for 2 anyone :)  Then new curtains for the loft area too.

                                                                Old Loft Area = New Curtains


I painted the bathroom and Craig added a shelf also for hanging things.  It is nice and fresh in there finally!


                   We tore out the old carpet and put in a faux wood vinyl floor.  Love the look!



           Here is some kitchen photos.  I am loving the yellow cabinets.  It really brightens up the camper.

                                                                        Old Kitchen View
                                                                         New Kitchen View


                                                                           Old Sink Area


                                                                       New Brighter Sink View
                                             Love the yellow cabinets.  So bright and cheerful!!

                  Kitchen Decor.  I love finding things at thrift stores and using them for inspiration.






    Family Camping Memories!


I had this picture frame and never used it.  It now hangs as you come into the camper.  It is photos of the three campers we have owned before getting our 5th Wheel Scamp.  Precious memories of many camping trips with our family.

                                          Gotta have a few comforts of home on the road! :)

This shows just how pretty the colors of the curtains and the bed area.  I bought the fabric on clearance from Hancock Fabrics.

                            So how much did this little remodel cost.  I'm glad you asked.

Floor = $20 for a remant from a local floor store
Curtains = $35 = 7 yards of drapery fabric at $5 a yard
Paint = $5 for a gallon of the pretty yellow paint from ReStore (Habitat for Humanity)
Supplies = $40 for new table parts, wood, brushes, screws, floor strip, spray paint for the hardware.

        So you can see what we were able to accomplish for $100.  You can do it on a budget :)

            Oh, and I found the flat screen tv on craigslist for $70.  Not too bad for a 6 month old tv :)

                        We are off for a new camping adventure "Up North" in a few weeks.



                                          I know I am going to enjoy being in "my little retreat"!


post signature


1 comment:

Becky said...

I found your blog (finally!)

I know I saw the camper in person, but wow! Seeing the before and after pictures really shows how much lighter and brighter it is. Such a huge difference.

And coming in under $100? That is awesome. Nice job!!!